Wednesday 17 December 2008

Kittens adopted during Open House, yay!

On Sunday we had our annual open-house for our volunteers, donors and colleagues and what a sucess it was! The best part was that a wonderful couple fell in love with Cleo and Coco and decided to take them home that night, yay!!

We had approximately 100 people file through the office, enjoying the company and the vegan food -- generously provided and prepared by several volunteers, particulary Board Member Kathrine Paterson. Many said it was our best party yet who knew? It's wonderful to be able to get together, reminding us that there are a lot of us out there, trying to make this world more compassionate. The animal protection movement may be hard at times, but at least we have like-minded people around to understand us when we need to vent = P

And we seem to be venting quite a bit lately. This time of year tends to be somber, reminding us that even though there are numerous animals who we've saved, there are countless more that won't be so lucky. Like I've said before, I hope that compassion at this time of year extends to people's dinner tables as they sit down to feast. I'm so thankful for my food as I prepare myself to eat, but I can't help cringing as my family digs into turkey. What a brief, difficult and cruel life those birds must endure. I'll have to make sure I bite my tongue before my convictions get the better of me! All I can do is hope that people are thankful and respectful of the lives that were involuntarily sacrificed for them.

(On that cheery note!) Wishing you all a safe and merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa or whatever else you celebrate. And thank you again for all your support for our non-human friends = ^..^ =

No comments: